Monday, July 19, 2010

All About Nick

I know, I know – it’s been ages since my last blog.  I know it’s been a while when people start asking what the hell is going on.  I’ve been busy - legitimately busy - so don’t give me no lip.  Do you know why I was so busy? … Because Nick was in town!!!!!!!

Yes, yes – if you come visit me you’ll get your very own blog post on Plan A!  Isn’t that reason enough?

Nick flew in for a week from Seattle.  He claims the title of being my first visitor from the States to come see me, and now he’s totally shot up my friend rankings for making the jaunt across the Pacific.  Wait, wait – I don’t really have friend rankings.  At least not on paper.

Nick was my guinea pig of sorts:  I got to try out all of the touristy things on him to see how he liked it.  Of course, I had to work 5 of the 7 days he was here, but I tried my best to give him an itinerary and keep him busy.  Sadly, the weather didn’t always cooperate, but we made do.

I took Nick on the Bondi-Coogee Clifftop Walk, along with a tour of the Sydney Opera House (I hadn’t done that yet), the ferry to Manly, the Biennale at the Museum of Contemporary Art, the café with the cute baristas (of course!), and a trivia night for old time’s sake (we placed 4th out of 18 teams with just 3 people!).  On days that I was working, I sent Nick out to the Biennale installation on Cockatoo Island, the Botanic Gardens, Centennial Park, Sydney Fish Market, Harbour Bridge, Taronga Zoo, Darling Harbour, and more… I kept him busy, mainly so he would be as tired as I am at the end of the day!  Working AND playing the perfect hostess is a hard job.

Did I mention the drinks?  Whenever Nick is around there are sure to be drinks.  It wasn’t nearly as bad as when we went down to LA last year – we didn’t get kicked out of any clubs, nor did we end up sharing a bed with Nick’s sister and a cat, nor did anyone puke in a coffeehouse the next morning… but I digress.  We had a blast all the same.  The lovely Ross & Jonathon cooked us dinner to start the evening off right.  We then met up with other friends at The Columbian, followed by the not-at-all-tacky Palms.  Nobody puked and nobody had to share a bed with a cat, but I’m sure I at least made a slight fool of myself with my typical drunken shenanigans.  Somehow we didn’t get too many pictures together – except at Palms.  Never give a drunk a camera.

Me, Ross, and Nick.  I’m only making that face because Ross is grabbing my nipple.


When you visit me in Sydney, you’re bound to see kangaroos!


Ross says that Nick is his new favorite American.  That’s fine.  I stand by my story that I’m really Canadian.


Bondi–Coogee Clifftop Walk


God, Ross – get off my nipple!



No comments:

Post a Comment