Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fail. Massive Fail. Win.

Fosters:  Australian for beer.

They way they advertise it in the States, you’d expect the rivers to be flowing with the stuff here in Australia.  But you know what?  You’ll be hard pressed to find Foster’s at any self-respecting bar in Australia.  Foster’s is sort of a joke here.  There are heaps of other Aussie brews, but Fosters is primarily an export.  Who knew?  I think that’s a FAIL.

Outback Steakhouse:  No rules.  Just right.

When I was visiting the States in May, people kept asking me if there was Outback Steakhouse in Australia.  And I said, “No”.  That’s a silly American thing to ask, just like Outback Steakhouse is a silly American chain restaurant.  But you know what I discovered after some research on the interwebs?  Tampa-based Outback Steakhouse actually does have a handful of locations in Australia.  I thought they’d be for tourists, but they’re all way out in the suburbs.  How can this be possible?  This is a massive FAIL for Australia as a country.

But there is one thing that Australia has that helps combat these two failures:

Tim Tams.

Massive WIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment